View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Love2Craft

I have made these for hanging wall hangings but you could do several to hang something bigger and heavier.

You need a 36-45" piece of 1/8" x1" flat bar steel (you can spray paint this if you like). Then you need 3-4 Command strips that are used to hang pictures (you pull the strip and they release without leaving any marks on the wall). Now...peel off the backing on one side of the Command strip and stick it to the steel)...then peel off the other side and stick it too the wall.... Making sure it's at the right height. Hold in place for several minutes (there maybe better directions for adhering the strips on the package. If you choose you,can drill a couple of holes in this flat rod and attach with nails or screws for a more permanent sturdy installation.

Next...get some strong earth magnets 3-5 depending how heavy the wallhanging is. Finally insert a magnetic strip of metal in the sleeve of the wallhanging (I have used old cafe rods...just using the flat part or an expandable round rod that I found I the curtain department of Walmart...it just needs to be magnetic.

To hang...place the magnets on the flat steel on the wall and place the wall hanging up close and wallah...it grabs on!