Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Magnificent Invisible Quilt Hanger >

Magnificent Invisible Quilt Hanger

Magnificent Invisible Quilt Hanger

Old 03-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Default Magnificent Invisible Quilt Hanger

I have been reading about these magnetic hangers and just wondered if anyone has
tried them? They are made so you don't have to use nails or screws on your walls.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:31 PM

I bought one at a quilt show. I would need two more th hang up a good size quilt.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:18 PM

Is it the "Hang It Dang It?" It needs one nail, and comes in 2 or 3 lengths, and you have to sew a sleeve to the back. They hand very nicely.

An extending curtain rod with shower curtain, pinch rings works very well, too.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:32 PM

If it's the magnetic one, saw it demo'd at the NJ Quilt Fest the other day. Did not stop to listen to the pitch but the folks were making it point of sticking/unsticking the 'reasonably sized' wall hanging with it any time folks were passing by. Looked reasonable at a distance. Do not know pricing, etc.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:53 PM

I have made these for hanging wall hangings but you could do several to hang something bigger and heavier.

You need a 36-45" piece of 1/8" x1" flat bar steel (you can spray paint this if you like). Then you need 3-4 Command strips that are used to hang pictures (you pull the strip and they release without leaving any marks on the wall). Now...peel off the backing on one side of the Command strip and stick it to the steel)...then peel off the other side and stick it too the wall.... Making sure it's at the right height. Hold in place for several minutes (there maybe better directions for adhering the strips on the package. If you choose you,can drill a couple of holes in this flat rod and attach with nails or screws for a more permanent sturdy installation.

Next...get some strong earth magnets 3-5 depending how heavy the wallhanging is. Finally insert a magnetic strip of metal in the sleeve of the wallhanging (I have used old cafe rods...just using the flat part or an expandable round rod that I found I the curtain department of Walmart...it just needs to be magnetic.

To hang...place the magnets on the flat steel on the wall and place the wall hanging up close and wallah...it grabs on!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:34 AM

I love the hang it dang it system. They come in 3 sizes and telescope out to fit different sized quilts. You do need a sleeve and be sure to clamp the back exactly in the middle. It's self leveling, but does need to be centered exactly. Nothing shows but your quilt. I think they are reasonably priced and can be found at several places. Just google them.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I just use the command strips. They work great except for on my texture apt walls.