Old 03-09-2015, 03:20 PM
zozee

My guest room doubles as my sewing room. Everything does double duty. The dressers hold fabric and WIPs since our guests don't unpack. I currently have a sewing table (think small kitchen table) that serves as a nightstand so my house phone, clock radio and lamp are necessary and handy while I sew. I did buy a bona fide cutting table fir a different wall. I also have a short Ikea shelving unit that is my ironing table. I sit in a swivel office chair that I can turn to iron or sew or prop up my feet on the bed to read QB , FB, YouTube tutes , etc. I used the bed for a design wall until this weekend . I also have another skinny table and a sewing cabinet with a vintage Singer in it. Ours is a 12x15 room with a decent sized closet and great natural light . So my advice is to do it--I love my sewing room. I dan shut the door to the mess, I can watch the neighbors on the street , I can curl up in the bed to sleep . Win win win. Just think about making every piece do double duty if it's gonna take up real estate.