Old 03-10-2015, 06:02 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
You could take one of the twin beds & break it down. Put the frame under the other bed & the mattress on top of the other mattress. If you have night guests, just flip the top mattress on the floor. Or maybe make bunks out of them. There is a way to do this. Also, if the two dressers are the same size, you could put them back to back & make a cutting board on the top. That way you would have a lot more room for your sewing machine.
I decided that with 2 spare rooms (my kids former bedrooms) one became the "guest" room where the queen size bed serves as my design"wall" and my Shiloutte Cameo sits, and the other one is my sewing room. Since I didn't want to lose all beds there, I purchased a USA made trundle bed from NC and have extra batting on the trundle, have a drafting table in the center of the room for cutting, shelves for fabric and books/magazines, my sewing table along one wall with a huge old desk next to it to take weight of full quilts when I'm putting them together--plus there's always other stuff under and on it! I did get an art deco china cabinet at an auction--fabric on the top under glass and fusible, etc behind the solid cabinet doors. Wish I had a way to get all that and my long arm in the same space, but long arm stuff is in the basement. All those stairs keep me in shape!