Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 AM
qwkslver

Originally Posted by Laura Perdue View Post
I have been following you all for quite a while and have learned so many things and seen so many pretty quilts. I have been quilting for fun for years, I usually give away my quilts to family members. Last summer

I had my daughter pick out a quilt kit and have been working on it for awhile, but when I started to put it together I am so unhappy with the way things are lining up I feel like trashing it and beginning again.I realize what I did wrong when piecing the quilt, so I know I can do a better job next time.

However, when my daughter saw it, she loved it. I pointed out a few mistakes, and she said she never would have noticed them. However, I keep seeing my mistakes and now I can't seem to get back into this project. Has any one else had this problem? If so, how did you get yourself to quit focusing on the mistakes?
Do finish your quilt and let her enjoy it. My family never see my mistakes (except for my husband, who used to manage a team of over 30 seamstresses). I have a little quilt on my bed I didn't "finish", quit about 1/3 way through and gave it to the dogs, after it was washed I couldn't see what I didn't like about it and wished I had finished it. I bet it will be just fine. You know quilting like everything else is a learning process. When all is said and done they love our quilts cause we made them! Enjoy.