View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Sewnoma

We're in the process of getting new granite counter tops in the kitchen, to replace the 14 year old tile that's there now. I hate tile kitchen counters and have wanted to get rid of them since we bought this house 4 years ago but we had other priorities and we try to do just one project per year. It needs to go, the grout is coming loose and there are some chipped & cracked tiles.

So THIS year is new kitchen counters, sink, faucet, garbage disposal - should be a pretty easy project especially since we're paying someone else to do most of the work! I've been really enjoying chipping up those hated tiles and throwing them away! They'll make the template on Friday, not positive when installation will be.

And we MIGHT find money in the budget to build a back patio this year too, which would be very nice. There's just a little featureless, bald concrete pad out there right now that's more like a wide sidewalk than a patio - I want to extend the concrete further into the yard and have an overhang built so we'll have a nice sheltered spot out back to sit in the shade in the summer, or to sit and enjoy the rain when it's winter, and enough room to actually put a little table and some chairs back there.