Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Honey

Everyone, down to my 1 1/2 year old grandson knows that Honeys sewing room is off limits unless for a special reason. Bedrooms are off limits, too. They have a big living room and foyer to play in. When they come to visit individually I let them come in to help me and to show them how things work. They also know to NEVER touch my machines unless I give them spacific permission. The oldest one (12) is now learning to sew and is a making a quilt for his parents. But he never touches anything unless I say he can. These are ground rules that were set down for my own kids. Nothing irks me more that to see a mother park herself and expect everyone else to watch her little darlings :evil: When ours were little my husband and I were constantly on the go keeping an eye on things. When I was growing up we had cousins like that. When we knew they were coming we would lock our bedroom doors :? One sons girlfriend (gone now, thank God) assumed that we were there only to watch her daughter so that she could sleep in and go out at night. After pulling that once, I informed her that my own daughter never asked that of me and I wasn't doing it for her. Emergencys are one thing, being taken advantage of is another :twisted: I had enough of that growing up the youngest of 9 and being expected to watch my brothers kids whenever they decided. I made up my mind at an early age that being a door mat was NOT my lifes calling :!: :!: I love my grandsons dearly but they know that there are certain rules at honey's house, just like at home. I am very lucky that my kids accept their roles as parents and take them seriously. :thumbup: WOW, I guess that hit a nerve :oops: :oops: If our kids had ever acted like that, there would have been a large amount of "political incorrectness" dished out then they would have been made to right letters of appology. By no means did I do everything corredt as a parent{that's kind of hard to do because they don't come with a guide book} but I did everything I could to instill manners and acceptable behavior and respect for other peoples property :!: