Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

Banned
    We had everyone at my house for Christmas dinner . Of course , I was busy cooking . Boyfriend's son and family came :hunf: His wife has to be the laziest mother I have ever seen . She just flops on the sofa and whatever the 3 nkids do is just fine ! These kids range in age from 7 - 13 mind you . I had a reversible nine patch pinned on my design wall - part of it is destroyed ! I had quilted in the ditch and assembled some of the rows but not all sewed together . RIPPED , looked like they were playing tug of war ! Even some of my sewing things out of the drawer are missing and cannot find ! I'm so blinking mad !
    There have been some words flying around here . John came to see what was the matter , told him . Couldn't believe it either. Next year they can go and trash her Mother's house ! Really needed to vent :-( Annie

Honey you go right ahead and vent and I would let her know it too! That was uncalled for! If nothing else the 13 year old knew better.

Blog Entries
    So Sorry {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Some people should not be parents :hunf:
    Hopefully you will find the missing items
    Has BF talked to son and his family ? Have BF help put the room back together and help locate missing items .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh--I'd be chewing nails and spitting screws. I'm SO VERY sorry that happened to you. Just awful. :cry:

Have you thought about grandkid stew... cook those little beasties... What about dad...after all mom didn't get them here on her own...

Banned
    lfw045 can I join you in hiding ? I feel like it ! Poof , I'm gone :thumbup:
    Hid dil comes in here and makes fun of me and my sewing / quilting . She does nothing ! They all know I'm out of work and no money . Then this happened . I'm slowly getting it straightened up . I'm doing it myself , so I know what I find and put it back where it goes . I hate to see what happens years later when they get older . Annie

Oh my that is horrible!! What is wrong with people! Did you you say anything to them? I think I would definatly have a word with someone about this.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The are ALL old enough to know better. As a mother, I would be ashamed if my kids did such a thing.

Sure you can join me in hiding! Hey devise a padlock for the door....doesn't cost much and paint it the same color as the door and door facing. When you know they are comming over......padlock the door. If they ask why........heyyy......that's your cue honey.....LOL!

I don't know how you stood it! I'd be busting someone up side the head. They would not be invited back to my home until someone agreed to be responsible for the children. Where was boyfriend while all this was going on? You know now you have to close and lock doors, right?

Sorry it happened to you, it's one of my pet peeves about parents of today.

Hugs,
    Sharon

Banned
    :roll: Everybodyheard it . I just lost control over this ! When my kids were young I never went anywhere and just turned them loose ! I blew my top very loudly and all of them know how I feel . She had the nerve to laugh about it . She doesn't want to come here very soon ! I am still p-oed about this . Annie

Banned
    Just send the family a HUGE plate of ExLax brownies to say thank you for coming over and spending Christmas this year!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Billy

I would be fit to be tied!! I agree with the comments, first they would not be welcome back if it was my home. otherwise a lock would go up so fast BF head would spin.

I am sorry you had to go through that!

Banned
    Billy excellent idea ! Annie

All should have known better.

bj
    You are in the middle of a delicate situation, I'm sure. My sil gets caught in issues with her stepson and his family. Not too often, but often enough it is uncomfortable for her to deal with and her step dil is a brat. My husband (sil's brother) got so mad one time he told her to just hush and go home if she couldn't be pleasant. Luckily she has two sweet kids (age 2 and 5) that actually mind pretty well, although if left to herself too long, the 2 yo will get into things. Good luck in the future. I agree with the others, lock the door when they come.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think they should not be allowed through your door for any reason at all. EVER. And I would make sure that they and everyone knew that they are not welcome and why. I'm sorry this happened. Some people should be forcible Darwin Award Winners.

Blog Entries
    I think my hand would find some bottoms whether it is the politically correct thing to do or not. As for Mom. I think I'd give her a good dose of what a good mother does and dodesn't do! As for Dad, well let's say you spent X amount of hours working on the destroyed quilt. Add all that up and charge a good price per hour (hey, it's hard work and takes a long time to do) and then add up the cost plus interest (everything costs more now) and deliver dear Dad and Mom a nice lil bill and tell them to Pay up or Else! Bet the next time they'll mind their kids better. I know it won't get your quilt back but hey! It may give you satisfaction knowing the little hoodlums didn't get off scott free. Dollars to donuts, if Dad has to pay a good price for their misbehavior...they will learn what is and what is not appropriate... Sorry but I'm from the old school. If the parents can't/won't control their kids, let someone else do something that will make the parents reconsider!!!

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    OMG, who does that?!
    Yeah, the next time anyone says anything about coming to your place for supper or otherwise, I would tell them point blank that their family is not welcome in your house. Since your husband seemed pretty outraged at what happened, I'm sure he'll back you on this... or I hope so, at least!

If the kids did this to your sewing room, what can or will they do to other rooms in your home? Can't lock all the rooms.....lock the front door!

I like bluebird's suggestion! I am so sorry they invaded your space!

Annie, let me add my sympathy on your unruly Christmas guests. Their lack of manners is unexcuseable (what is wrong with their mother??????)

Next year, go to their house.......I just wouldn't allow them back after behavior like that!!!!!!! :evil:

OMG!! I don't blame you for venting! i would be mortified if my children ever behaved that way in someone's house!!

So sorry that happened to you.

That is just horrible. I wouldn't want them back. Even with a locked door.

I am sorry your boyfriends son and family caused you so much heartache.

I believe I would also present a bill to the son and his wife for damages and state until they have more control of their kids, they are not welcome back in your home. I hope nothing else is detroyed or damaged or stolen that you don't know about.

Might want to take a little longer look at your whole situation especially if you and your boyfriend are serious about each other.

Hugs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast