Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!! >

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

:roll: Everybodyheard it . I just lost control over this ! When my kids were young I never went anywhere and just turned them loose ! I blew my top very loudly and all of them know how I feel . She had the nerve to laugh about it . She doesn't want to come here very soon ! I am still p-oed about this . Annie
Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Just send the family a HUGE plate of ExLax brownies to say thank you for coming over and spending Christmas this year!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Billy
Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 PM

I would be fit to be tied!! I agree with the comments, first they would not be welcome back if it was my home. otherwise a lock would go up so fast BF head would spin.

I am sorry you had to go through that!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

Billy excellent idea ! Annie
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM

All should have known better.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
bj

You are in the middle of a delicate situation, I'm sure. My sil gets caught in issues with her stepson and his family. Not too often, but often enough it is uncomfortable for her to deal with and her step dil is a brat. My husband (sil's brother) got so mad one time he told her to just hush and go home if she couldn't be pleasant. Luckily she has two sweet kids (age 2 and 5) that actually mind pretty well, although if left to herself too long, the 2 yo will get into things. Good luck in the future. I agree with the others, lock the door when they come.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Banned

I think they should not be allowed through your door for any reason at all. EVER. And I would make sure that they and everyone knew that they are not welcome and why. I'm sorry this happened. Some people should be forcible Darwin Award Winners.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM

I think my hand would find some bottoms whether it is the politically correct thing to do or not. As for Mom. I think I'd give her a good dose of what a good mother does and dodesn't do! As for Dad, well let's say you spent X amount of hours working on the destroyed quilt. Add all that up and charge a good price per hour (hey, it's hard work and takes a long time to do) and then add up the cost plus interest (everything costs more now) and deliver dear Dad and Mom a nice lil bill and tell them to Pay up or Else! Bet the next time they'll mind their kids better. I know it won't get your quilt back but hey! It may give you satisfaction knowing the little hoodlums didn't get off scott free. Dollars to donuts, if Dad has to pay a good price for their misbehavior...they will learn what is and what is not appropriate... Sorry but I'm from the old school. If the parents can't/won't control their kids, let someone else do something that will make the parents reconsider!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:43 PM

OMG, who does that?!
Yeah, the next time anyone says anything about coming to your place for supper or otherwise, I would tell them point blank that their family is not welcome in your house. Since your husband seemed pretty outraged at what happened, I'm sure he'll back you on this... or I hope so, at least!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:51 PM

If the kids did this to your sewing room, what can or will they do to other rooms in your home? Can't lock all the rooms.....lock the front door!