Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!! >

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:57 PM

I like bluebird's suggestion! I am so sorry they invaded your space!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Annie, let me add my sympathy on your unruly Christmas guests. Their lack of manners is unexcuseable (what is wrong with their mother??????)

Next year, go to their house.......I just wouldn't allow them back after behavior like that!!!!!!! :evil:
Old 01-09-2010, 05:02 PM

OMG!! I don't blame you for venting! i would be mortified if my children ever behaved that way in someone's house!!

So sorry that happened to you.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

That is just horrible. I wouldn't want them back. Even with a locked door.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM

I am sorry your boyfriends son and family caused you so much heartache.

I believe I would also present a bill to the son and his wife for damages and state until they have more control of their kids, they are not welcome back in your home. I hope nothing else is detroyed or damaged or stolen that you don't know about.

Might want to take a little longer look at your whole situation especially if you and your boyfriend are serious about each other.

Hugs.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:36 PM

Well I think we need a good old southern a-- whipping here starting with the mother, then the son & kids. Tell them if they don't pay for what was destroyed that you will file charges against them. The 13 year old can be charged in juvenile court. Scare the hell out of them. Even if you don't it, it will make them think twice. It will boil down to you or them concering the BF. Might be a good thing to know now instead of later. If you marry, make sure you keep all your property in your name & not jointly as his kids could cause you problems. Dot all your I's & cross your T's. Have seen too many people get screwed in 2nd marriages. I would still be mad. I would tear my kids a new behind if they even thought of doing such a thing. I have taught them to respect other people's property. Can't say the same for some of other family member's children. Hang in there girl.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:24 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

what is their own house like if they treat yours that way..i think they just dont care, not even for their own things which is why they dont respect yours...i certainly would avoid having them over if at all possible and if it cant be at their house then suggest a restaurant..
I just dont understand some people like they say you can pick your friends but not your relatives...
Old 01-09-2010, 07:55 PM

I love Billy's idea about the brownies. I also would tell Boyfriend that he could pay for damages/missing items. If he don't like it, show him where the door is and tell him to not let the doorknob hit him in the butt on way out. Everyone who knows me or is kin to me knows to keep their kids in line when I am around...whether at my home, their home or church, shopping, etc...when kids act up and mom or dad doesn't correct it fast enough, I will. I will verbally stop them or scold them and if that don't work I get them by the arm and take them to parents and tell them to correct them or I will. I'm from the old school honey....spare the rod and spoil the bod. My kids sure knew better when they were growing up. and make their kids mind now thank God.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:08 PM

I guess I would be upset with both parents, where was the son that he didn't know what the kids were doing? I guess I would put a lock on my door to my quilt room, and definately let the son and his wife know what the children had done, and I would not cut off all communication with them, if your boyfriend is at all interested in his family. Just my feelings. Sorry your quilt was ruined.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

What outrageously bad behaviour. I too would take steps to make sure this never happens again. No need to rant, but a quiet sit down with your fella and the parents (without the children in earshot) where you can state your case and lay down some rules for the next visit is definitely in order.

If they are doing this at your place (and so young too), what the heck are they up to when they are out in public? I'm with gramqlts and many others...not enough wooden spoons being waved about these days!