Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!! >

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

my sewing room was ravaged Christmas Day !!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM

Annie-you might want to re-think this whole relationship. Usually apples don't fall far from the tree, and who knows what BF did at that age??? Irresponsible.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM

Isn't it the son's wife who is a deadbeat parent? I mean, the bf's son should have been watching his kids too, but was it not his wife who had the gall to laugh in Annie's face about it?

I think we're too quick to judge her boyfriend, right now, since from what I understood he was pretty livid about the whole situation too...
Of course I say this rationally now, but if I was in the same situation I have no idea what I would do!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM

They both seem like lazy parents in my opinion. Neither one was watching the kids or correcting the behavior. Apparently neither one has ever had the "if it isn't yours, don't touch it" conversation with the kids. The wife was the one who made it worse by laughing about it.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through what you did. They would not be invited back and if BF didn't like it, he could go too. I agree, get some kind of lock for the door and only you have the key. Obviously, the mother has no respect for anyone else since she laughed about it. Her kids are brats and will someday probably all in be in jail. Actually, I kind of like the suggestion about the special brownies in Lostin 50 suggested!!! It would serve them right.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:34 AM

I think if she had laughed in my face I would probably decked her & then thrown her butt out the door.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

There is some good news . Some of the quilt is salvagable . But that does not excuse what happened . My daughter told me last nite she also got them out of my sewingroom several times while I was busy . Well everyone good luck with your quilting / sewing projects . Annie
Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

I think I missed this while reading it -

Does this place belong to the bf or Annie?

If it belongs to Annie, bf would have to have a LOT of positive attributes to continue to be around.

If it belongs to the bf, I think I would seriously consider picking up my marbles and go play somewhere else.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 AM

i AGREE WITH YOU MADQUILTER. IT IS IMPORTANT TO SET THE RULES AND IF NOT OBEYED, TELL THE PARENT IT IS TIME TO GO HOME.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Sounds like my former in-laws. Their children have on different occasions ground chocolate cake in the carpet, mangled the mini blinds, set a tablecloth on fire (with candles), thrown my dog in the pool (in November) broken the front window and dismantled my porch swing (I mean removed the slats) without an tools. I made them reassemble it before they ate Thanksgiving dinner. Their parents are teachers and don't believe in "thwarting their creativity" Now you know why they were only invited to our house once per year. And we put anything breakable in the attic with a lock.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharon321
Their parents are teachers and don't believe in "thwarting their creativity"
And people are wondering why America is going to hell in a hand basket......... :roll:

Billy