Old 03-20-2015, 11:47 AM
GrandmaNewt

I have not heard of her or her method either, but going from Krisb's description, I guess I am right on track with my stash.
My stash consists of 2 bookshelves side by side. One side is for the fabric designated to garment sewing, the other side to my quilting. All of the fabrics on both shelves are neatly folded or on mini bolts and arranged in such a manner that they all give me joy, and inspiration for projects too when I sit looking at them.

My quilting stash bookshelf is sorted from top to bottom: top shelf is all the usable scraps of reasonable size. Folded and stacked in sort of a color coordinated way. There are also several baggies containing random cut squares one 2 1/2 inches, the other 6 inches. These are for scrappy quilts when I save up enough of them! second shelf is all fat quarters, all folded to the same size and stacked in groups of colors. Bottom 2 shelves are yardage, each piece 1 yard to 6 yards long, all also folded in the same manner and stacked according to color. The top of those 2 shelves contains prints, the bottom is all solids.