View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Krisb

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
OK you all, I'm climbing back on this ole wagon and if any of you need a helping hand to climb on with me here's mine.
Madquilter: just a note, I deleted the Crafty email along with the 9 year project. You are right. Why would I want something so complicated? After all, there's always Bonnie Hunter Mysteries, which I didn't do this year because I've been doing my own leader ender quilt. Been working on it since the first of the year. Sigh..so many quilts wanting to be made. I think I'd better reconsider all 9 year projects.
I also have a 9 year project, or at least the pattern for Judy Niemeyer's Amazon Star. Not the kit, it's way too much money. So when temptation gets to be just too much, I tell myself I am allowed to buy one of the twenty-something fabrics for the quilt. Did find some in my stash, but just don't have enough really dark batiks for the colorway I chose. It will probably take 9 years to buy the fabric.

And those sales--they appear in my in-box every day. I read an interesting book outlining the idea that we are all trained to react to % off sales. We don't even look at the price we are paying, just the % off. And retailers can't sell much at original price, so they do continual markdowns. So now I can say, "I don't need this right now, and it will be on sale again next month"