View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:07 AM
mea12

I recently bought the MyStyle after testing a dozen or so low-end models and this one just felt more solid and was the quietest of those I tested. I was looking for mechanical and basic just for a spare/travel/classes machine. I liked that it supposedly has some metal parts to it and supposedly has a metal frame (i take this with a grain) and did feel a little more robust than most others at the price point. The size is perfect...not too small (the jems can feel small at times) and not too big. Handle really is a nice feature for a machine meant to go places. Was somewhat interest in the Magnolia 7318 but the dealer steered me to the MyStyle..saying it had a slightly slower speed but was made better...only the shadow knows on that, but I've been very happy with it and love its simpliciity and looks too ..esp the size. It seems to be well-powered and the straight-stitch is perfect. Best way to know is the test-drive. I have other machines for dec stitches, buttonholes, etc. Have never used the Juki but you can find reviews doing a search. There aren't many on the MyStyle but those that are out there have all been very positive.