View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 04:11 AM
Weezy Rider

Just what do you do if a dealer doesn't carry the brand you want and won't order it?
Local Brother dealer wanted nothing to do with the PQ1500S. Wouldn't order it. I've asked Viking and Pfaff dealers about their quilters, and they prefer to sell sit downs or frame like Tin Lizzie or Juki. A Babylock dealer would get me a Jane if I asked. Janome does have the 2010 in the store. I wanted the Brother.

You start shopping out of town. If the store carries other supplies, so much the better. Too bad for the locals in that case. If the dealer you bought the machine from can schedule a class for you, you can drive there at your convenience. It's mostly local dealers at shows except for the big quilting machines and software.

However, I do not expect warranty work from the dealer as I didn't buy it there, but I would expect him to order an accessory or part I want.

Some stores do offer classes and you can use one of their machines in a class. If all you want is technique that is not machine related, those classes do work and since they charge for them, you can take it with a different machine.

If you live in a high density population area, you probably can find a local dealer. The largest town south of us only has 1 LQS. A lot drive here or to Denver to shop. There have been posts here where people need to drive 80 miles to a decent dealer or fabric store.