View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 09:03 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

No it is not guilt, Emma. It is a sense of sticker shock when I turn over the beautiful packets of FQs and see $54, $74, $108 on the tag. I did see some pretties but the prices were not to my liking. I could very easily walk away from the table. I was actually very pleased that I bought things with a real purpose AND it will be used within the next few weeks. So I did good!

While we were there, an elderly lady was badgering her poor husband for his opinion. It was clear to DH and me that the poor guy was overwhelmed because he probably didn't care. (That's how we read it.) So I jumped in and told her I was very good at giving unsolicited advice. lol We both offered lots of that (my DH is GREAT at picking colors) and she hemmed and hawed. Come to find out, she really LIKED what we picked for her but she balked at the prices. She is on a fixed income. WELL, dear lady - maybe you should not have started with that overpriced set of pre-cuts to start with. Just sayin. She also thought that you HAD to cut the fabric selvage to selvage AND that you HAD to use fabric from the front on the back. So a few quilt myths were dispelled. Not sure what she picked in the end but the poor guy looked a little happier.