View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 11:08 PM
BARES

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
We had a wood plank -look floor installed in the kitchen almost 3 years. I love it! I was doing a thorough cleaning yesterday and i pulled my table away from the wall. The vinyl, in its original condition, was an eye-opener to how dirt gets lodged in the floor where it gets foot trafic. Yikes!

Goggling for cleaning ideas, some said to use water with vinegar. Did not help. Another said to use Scubbing Bubbles to loosen the dirt. Only after I read the ingredients will I consider this. I doubt that I will use my Swiffer in the future once I clean up this floor. I think it just "fills" the small crevices as I push it around the floor.

Anyone have success with deep cleaning a vinyl floor!?

Thanks!
Sandy
I have used a product called Simple Green for years. It seems to work on about everything, dirt or greasy. I use it in my kitchen on the stove and refrigerator top that seem to get greasy. I even used it in my bath tub on the 80+ year old tub and on the tiles. I had to let it set for awhile but it got them all so clean. I was amazed about the tub and tile. I get it at the grocery or at Home Depot type stores. It is cheaper by the gallon, but not any more expensive in smaller quantities than any other product.