View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Lori S

I can see both sides of the issue . My sister owns a yarn and fabric store and tells me that a minimum two or three times a day "customers" come in and take photos or record all of the info on a product. Most just ignore her and make there way to the item start taking photos and then just walk out. Many reply to her question of what they are doing, or do they need any assistance respond "I need the info to buy online". She is beyond frustrated as she has rent to pay and help to pay, and being used in this manner is inconsiderate. She notes that some of the same , return to ask for assistance when they have trouble with a project they purchased the required supplies on line.
I can see where you find taking a photo helpful for you future use.... but so many have used photos for less than supportive means of supporting the LQS , please do not let this one instance interrupt your relationship with a shop. Next time let the clerk know of your intentions, ask for assistance in finding a pattern that suits the fabric.

Last edited by Lori S; 03-31-2015 at 11:46 AM.