View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 07:18 PM
charlottequilts

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Keepsake Quilting has always blocked out all the end of bolt info and, with one or two exceptions, they never refer to fabric by manufacturer or line name in the store, on the phone or online.
i was in KQ a few days ago, and a woman was taking a staff member to task over this. She was very insistent that the labels on the ends of the bolts could be positioned in a different way, but the salesperson said that "they" just go down the bolts, shooting the stickers onto them and (by implication) are too pressed for time to notice where the stickers go. Ok, I thought, but do all the bolts get the same sticker? Aren't they different prices?

I am going there tomorrow and will look more carefully, but one thing I do know is that my joints hurt when pulling bolts down to unwind and look for the manufacturer, and it would be way easier to tip them down and read the label. Even then, the last time, the bolts were wedged so tightly together that another quilter reached over to help me. I don't look particularly frail (haha), but as soon as I made the "muffled pain" noise, she offered to help. Are quilters wonderful folks or what?

hugs,
Charlotte