View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 04:43 AM
SueSew

Thanks Lynnie and Quilter65! It can get a bit lonely up here in the stars, like Macybaby said. I'm just doing one star at a time, using up my leftover batiks, no master plan, no material list.

Maybe instead of thinking of all 50, just try one or two at a time? It's fun to choose the colors for each star. The stars are all a bit different but after a while (I am on #12) you can see they are actually pretty similar in construction. Macybaby has done some really cool fussy-cutting and changed around the color combinations to shift the patterns in hers. Lots of room to improvise! You can even switch pieces so half the points are one state and half are another. The whole thing fits in one of those plastic latching boxes from Joann's so there's plenty of room for other projects in your space. They can be done smaller if you like a challenge, or just want a little wall hanging. Finally, the possibilities for making silly puns on the states and stars, or singing songs which have the state's name in them, preferably off-key, are endless!!! Fun fun fun!