View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Juliebelle View Post
We had granite installed in December I love it and the installers did a great job, no mess and they did not damage our backsplash which goes perfect with the counters. We debated long and hard but after 3 months of looking we decided that it was the way to go. The one we got was from lowes and does not need to be sealed for 10 years.
This is exactly what we're in the process of having installed now! I'm glad to hear you're happy with yours. I hate that we have to go 3 weeks without a countertop or kitchen sink waiting for it, though. 1 week down, 2 to go.

We had quartz in our last house and I really loved it, but prices have gone up and we can't really afford it for this house. So we got the pre-sealed granite. I was leery so we bought a sample and spent a few days abusing it and it's pretty rugged stuff. I left red wine and mustard on the sample overnight and it cleaned off without leaving any marks. I had to gouge at it with a screwdriver to put scratches in it - rubbing keys over it even with moderate pressure didn't do it. I also like that the 10-year warranty transfers to new owners - we will probably sell this house within the next 3-5 years so that was a nice bonus too.

The counter we just ripped out was 14 year old tile - the grout was literally crumbling away and they were just gross. No matter what, the new counters will be so much better than that! I love solid-surface counters for the kitchen and can't wait to have one again!