View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 AM
AmyBible

Originally Posted by LyndaOH View Post
I would be upset about not getting my foot pedal and cord back. If they can't find yours, they owe you brand spanking new ones from Janome. Is this the dealer who did the service or an independent repair shop? I used to deal with the Janome dealer in your area (I'm in Napoleon) and I had one too many situations like that to ever go back there.
Thanks for the support. LyndaOH I believe I know the dealer you are thinking of and NO I did not take it there. I went infor extra bobbins years ago and.... it's a long story but I won't go back. Any previous routine cleanings have been to Marblehead and Upper Sandusky (both completely fine but these places are farther away and not “authorized.”)

The only other "authorized" Janome dealers in my area are an hour south or 30 minutes north. I went north. This is a family business and they have been in operation over 45 years and have a good reputation.The owner told me yesterday this “never” happens and “we’ll make itright.”

I believe this was an honest mix up and I want to give them some time to “make it right.” I work in retail and I do not want to be one of “those” customers. In the “Grand Scheme” of things this is a pretty small thing so I am trying to keep some perspective…. which is odd because my reaction is somewhat against my personality… I’m not sure why I am being so passive.

I plan to call back today and see if they’ve had any luck or if they think they know if it’s misplaced in their shop or home with someone else.

As an interesting side note, they are also ordering me a replacement FM foot and they are $8 less than the dealer “in my area” and $24 less than the internet. Wonder what their markup is.

Thanks, amy