View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 02:39 PM
SherriB

Default When you find that perfect fabric

When you find that perfect fabric for a quilt, do you buy it without regards to cost?? If so, do you feel guilty for paying so much?

I am making my SIL a quilt and he loves Ford trucks and Mustangs. He had a Ford truck and my DGS loved it. He even named it Cheyenne. Something happened to his truck and he could not afford repair it. I found some fabric with Ford trucks, Ford Mustangs and Ford neon logo signs. I just needed one more print for his quilt. I found a blue (perfect shade!) of Ford logo with flames (also blue) on Ebay. It was $11.99 a yard and plus shipping. I bought the two yards available and the total was almost $28. I have never paid that much for two yards of fabric!!! Part of me feels guilty (a tiny part) for paying so much but the other part is thrilled to have found the fabric.

My SIL is DD's second husband. He is such a wonderful husband to DD and awesome step-daddy to the grandkids. So that is my reasoning for paying so much. I want to make him something special. I will also be making him a matching pillowcase.