View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 06:54 AM
auntnana

I have a well in my cutting table that I store my separate embroidery machine in and just sit it on top of the cutting table when I need to use it.
I made my own table using part of the hack at http://www.makeithandmade.com/2013/1...able-hack.html. I have an extension table on my machine and left it on there when I traced around the outside of the machine many, many, many times onto paper. Once I found one I thought would do, I traced it onto a 1/4" piece of plywood about 6" bigger than the template. I Had to adjust a few times but once I got one that was snug but not tight, I traced it onto the real wood. You can see I made a dozen lines to keep everything straight and to make sure I wasn't hitting anything on the underside. If I can do it I'm sure your hubby can! I made another table the exact same with no hole to put up to the end for bigger quilts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516023[/ATTACH]

I didn't put a lift on mine because it was made specifically for this, I won't be removing the machine. I would think once you get a pattern for the hole, it would be easy enough to make a solid piece to put back in there to sit the machine on for embroidery, you'd just have to find a way to add removable pieces to sit it on in the hole. Maybe some 1" square dowel rods with brackets on either side to slide them in and out of. From the pictures and installation instructions on Rockler on the lift, you will either have to have a back or a bar/piece to attach the lift to.
Attached Thumbnails img_0125.jpg