View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:43 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I guess it is time to check in. I have been very good so far except for one book and a 17" knitting needle. I have a separate account that is my Quilter's spending account. My dh puts money in each month for me to use for anything I want or "need". I have found that since I am not buying fabric and more fabric, I have money for other things I want and not necessarily need. It feels pretty good!
I have to admit that I haven't even been near a lqs since January. I feel if I do go in one I will slip up and buy! buy! buy!
I have a request. Over the last couple of years I have been accumulating 2-1/2" charms. I have them from swaps and from the fat quarter shop. I get 4 packages a month, (am quitting that today). I am searching for patterns to use these little jewels. I also have many pkgs. of 5" charms. I think just this may give you an idea why I am in this program! And that is just a little peak into my stash! How ever did I let this happen! I am feeling overwhelmed. I need to clean up my sewing room, maybe that will help to get into the right mood to tackle this mess.
Help!
I don't think anyone answered your question....
You can take those candies and make 4P or 9P blocks and alternate them with a plain square..4 1/2" cuts for the 4P and 6 1/2" cuts for the 9P..set them on point for a more interesting quilt.
Or put a 2 1/2 x 6 1/2" rectangle on each side of the 9P with a 2 1/2" square in each corner
Or make 4 flying geese units to finish 2x6 to put on each side of the 9P...alternate with a 10" finished square.

Use them in a scrappy Irish chain

Google quilts using 2 1/2" squares and you can find more ideas. Good luck...