View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Snooze2978

For me I think I enjoy the creating of the quilt top more so than finishing it. Up until now my quilt machine had been on the frits for the past 3 years so hated to have to use it but just this past week its been fixed by the company so I no longer have the excuse. I find when I put a time limit on a project I have better chances of fulfilling it. Right now I have one quilt that is sitting around to have its binding hand sewn onto the back, 2 quilts on the frame almost done and 5 quilt tops in the wing waiting. 2 more quilt projects at the end of the cutting table but told myself I can't start them till I get all the quilt tops quilted. Plus while my quilt machine was being fixed, I pulled out a skirt I'd cut out at least 6 months ago and pushed to the side but have finished it this past weekend. Now decided to go thru more drawers to see what UFOs I might find. Found 2 more dresses cut out and ready to be sewn (I'd cut these out 4 years ago down in Florida). I've pulled these out and they're on the cutting table ready to go.

I did find out that I do like the look of the blind hem made by my machine so now hemming is no longer an issue for me.

But yes, I procrastinate till the very last and then push myself to finish. Seems to work better for me.