View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Just curious....is your mama dog and her offspring the same breed as the newcomer? Will this box you are building be in your house......

I, personally, have never had a dog relatively newborn.....always rescue mutts, oops, now they are called " designer dogs"........nor cats that young either.......I don't want the hassle of housebreaking.......we have not had ant problems with our rescues....all have been great, loyal companions thru the years.........best of luck with your new baby.......
Our Mama dog and her girls were rescue dogs. We have had them for almost 10 years now. They all seem to take well to a pup being around. The mom dog, Bella, is really smart. She takes cues from us and has taught her girls to do the same. Or they get the "look".....lol it's hilarious how she can still put them in the "dog houses" after all these years.

The puppy box will be in the shop which is heated, at least one if not two of the other dogs will be with him for companionship. And during the day either my husband or I will be around him, so he won't lack for interaction. As the day gets closer we will get an old shirt with our scent on it and put it in his bed. This worked well with Bongo during his puppy howling nights, as well as a clock placed under the bedding in the corner.