Old 04-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Macybaby

Default Long Term storage for needles and shuttles

for fun, this AM I was looking through a few of the tubes and stuff in the Boye Display case, most of the shuttles don't have the right caps on them, but most of the needles have caps stuck tight, so I'm hopeful those were not re-arranged.

I looked at the bobbins, and most of them are mixed up too - pulled out one clip and it had three different sized bobbins on it.

I want to have one display case that has all the tubes in it - but I don't need all the tubes filled. Besides, it seems a lot gets rusty stored that way, so I want to come up with another way to store the shuttles and needles so they won't corrode. I have all those silverware trays, but I don't know if anti-tarnish fabric would help with anti-rust issues.

I do have a vacuum sealer with the attachment for doing jars, so I can put them in canning jars and seal them up. I'd stick them into paper so the needles would stay separated and easier to identify - I'd label the paper that was inside the jars.

Any ideas for the best long term storage? I intend to keep a supply for each machine in the collection and want to make sure I don't have a pile of rust 15 years down the road.