View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:53 AM
eparys

Originally Posted by weezie
Reputable professional quilters brag in magazine ads about the excellent quality of Keepsake Quilting Fabric. I love Keepsake catalogs and am happy when one arrives in my mailbox. However, I'm very disappointed in the quality of Keepsake fabrics at my local Joann's store, so I try to avoid them. Do you think there is a quality range - from crappy to excellent - of Keepsake fabrics ... where some stores get the poorer quality on their shelves? Their catalog shows an extensive selection of lovely fabrics but I would be afraid to order from them.
weezie

I am a lucky one - Keepsake Quilting is only 1.5 hr from where I live. Their fabric is of exquisite quality. I would also like to note here that JoAnns advertises "keepsake calico" as opposed to Keepsake with a capital letter. I have never seen "keepsake calico" at Keepsake Quilting.

Do not hesitate to order from them - They are a wonderful shop with a great staff. They also have a "to die for" sale in June - they cover the parking lot with a tent. There are so many customers that you line up to get into the tent.