Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keepsake Fabric Quality >

Keepsake Fabric Quality

Keepsake Fabric Quality

Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
:shock: :shock: :shock: It IS beautiful! I tell ya'...I didn't used to care much for batiks, but I'm beginning to fall in love! I think your quilt is going to be gorgeous with those together! Kudos on whoever pulled those together!

I bought some yesterday at my LQS that starts out dark on one side, then goes to very light on the other side...all in one piece of fabric..of course in the same tones..Its really pretty!
Thank you! Besides the line-up in the pictures, I also lined up several more sets from the 40-strip pack for future projects, but there are 3 strips that don't seem to fit in anywhere. (And they're ugly, to boot!)

Like you, I've not been a batik fan; they can run the gamut from really hideous to really fabulous. There is an "Island" line I saw on-line at Hancock's of Paducah; most of them fall into the really fabulous category and have me drooling.

The fabric you bought yesterday sounds like a great find!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

I ordered from them once last year. The quality is fine, but watch the prices. Less than 24 hrs after I had sent my order out in the mail, I found the exact same fabric on another site for $2.71 less per yard.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM

I order nearly all my fabric from Keepsake Quilting and the quality is very good. I can recommend them anytime to everyone.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 AM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Love those batiks!

Share when you get your quilt together. I can't wait to see it :thumbup:
Old 02-04-2010, 05:36 AM

Thanks! I'll do it. It'll be quite a while yet because the non-quilting part of my life is intruding and will be for a while. On the other hand, I don't have all the fabrics I need for the Braid yet anyway.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 AM

The name of the shop is (Keepsake Quilting) :lol:

I am blessed to live only 15 minutes away, so I get to go often. This is a five star shop.

If you call the 1-800-865-9458 that is the distribution center, if you call 603-253-4026 you will talk to the woman who work in the shop, and who are quilters and know all about the product thay sell, and work with. If you have any questions; I would start there.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:41 PM

I have bought fabric from them through the catalog and it is beautiful. So expensive, but once in a while for a splurge sooo nice.

Margie
Old 02-04-2010, 04:04 PM

I shop at JoAnns a lot and here is a good rule of thumb - if they normally charge less than $8.50 or $9.00 don't think of using it for a quilt! Coupons are the way to save with them but your choices will be a bit limited.
Many of the online shops carry wonderful quality fabric and we will be happy to share our favorites.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Totally different fabric!!! Keepsake quilting is a quilt shop. They do not make their own fabrics, they sell the top quilting brands such as Hoffman, Kaufman, Moda, etc.
Keepsake quilting fabrics you see at JoAnns is not, I repeat, NOT near the quality of what you find at the Shop. It is not the same thing. Consider Keepsake quilting catalog like your local Quilt Shop, not fabric store.
This is true! The fabric at Keepsake Quilting is awesome. The Keepsake fabric at Joanns is not make by the folks at Keepsake quilting. I don't know who makes it, but it should be confused with what Keepsake Quiling sells.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 AM
lgc

Please, Please, Please don't confuse Keepsake Quilting catalog from NH with the Keepsake fabrics found at JoAnns. Not one in the same, No relation.