Old 04-11-2015, 09:50 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I share your pain. I've had more than one quilt which sorely tested my patience, so I put the quilt away until I had calmed down, worked on some other projects, then, when it resurfaces, I'll try again. I once tried to make a diamond border to go with a kelidascope ) (sp) quilt top I was making for my DH for our 25th anniversary. Despite measuring carefully (I thought anyway), one side came out longer than the opposite border. So - I spent 2 days un-sewing the borders, then put it away - I finally finished it for our 35th anniversary. I should add that during that time we were hosting our family reunion and my brother was going to be sleeping in my sewing room, so things got put wherever, then I found it again while cleaning my sewing room. He seemed OK with the wait, especially since we had gone to Keepsake Quilting up North where he picked out the fabric. I should mention that he also picked out the pattern, not going to do that again, as there were too many bias edges to deal with. It was a pretty quilt though, even when I thought I should break out the champagne to celebrate finishing the quilt.