View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 01:00 PM
JoyjoyMarie

I decided to keep a record of my projects for several reasons: 1- 'cause I forget what I've done! 2 - 'cause I wish my Grandmothers, both of whom quilted and both of whom died when I was quite young, had documented their work. I am so curious about them, and they are all gone now - even my mom's generation is all gone now. We found a quilt flimsy when my cousin passed on, and found that many of the fabrics were the same as in the double wedding ring quilt that Grandma made for Mama. Did Grandma make it, or did she and Aunt Lois work together sharing fabrics?? - what is the story of the satin baby quilt that Mama kept in her cedar chest?? these are my wonderings. I keep my own sort of scrapbook style 3 ring binder these days, for the quilting I've done in the last 10-12 years. I just put in photos, fabric samples, comments that mean something to me (a new technique, a problem solved, a secondary pattern discovered, etc) plus pics of recipients when possible. I so often forget to give myself credit. When my babies were little, I made a lot of quilts for my friends'babies, but kept no pics or records of those.

My girlfriend got me started on the photos when we were making a lot of charity quilts together in a monthly group. We started some little cheap photo books of the quilts we made and gave away.

I also keep a little book of pattern ideas from here and other places- more of a journal of ideas- - Stuff I haven't done yet, but might want to try "someday," or don't want to forget. Again - the memory is going (and the list is long)