Old 04-15-2015, 05:40 PM
GEMRM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
I did repairs once to a jacket - had to replace the entire zipper in a winter jacket. Took me all day but it turned out good as new. Did as a favour to grandson as it was his favorite jacket (per his mother). Turned out she broke the zipper slamming the jacket against a brick wall to get snow off of it.
Never seen him wear it since either so I think it went for a yard sale.
Further repair requests came from this one woman, and I provided her with an older working machine, with owners manual (as one excuse was that she had previously had an old machine but it didn't work anymore). Offered lessons too.
After the last request ( to downsize a quilted vest she bought on sale) - I deflected the request as it came at Christmas dinner with the entire family (she likes to put you on the spot where it's difficult to say no).
Nothing mentioned since and I have decided I will tell her I will help her to do it on her machine.
She must sense my resolve because it's been over 3 months and no mention of "fixing" the vest she bought on sale that's too big.
Too funny - update - the same family were over for dinner lately, no mention of the vest from her, but he says - " I have a little sewing repair job for you" - He proceeds to describe what he wants sewn, (which does sound like a simple repair), and my reply was that his wife has a sewing machine and I can coach her through the repair, that it sounds like a good thing to learn on. His answer was " well that isn't going to happen". I'm not sure if he meant she wouldn't do it or he expected that I would do it I don't know. But I do know I am not doing it!!!!!!