Old 04-16-2015, 06:20 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by Farmhousesewer View Post
Grant, WOW. You are amazing! And you are not taking it apart? How do you reach all of those nooks and crannies? I can't even do so with a toothbrush and kerosene! Do you do any special cleaning to make sure the little wire pieces and cleaner are not left, especially on moving parts, joints etc? I have had a setup ready to do that, but those wire brushes losing pieces scares me.

If I understood you correctly, you implied that the electric Dremels are too fast. I have a multispeed with a flex shaft. Is it that it would still be too fast, or is there something else about the rechargeable that I am missing?

Thanks for your time and patience. I realize this is your business and I am taking you away from it.
Wow, thank you for such kind words. I did remove the two bolts that hold the Feed Dog actuating arm (don't know it's proper name) to be able to clean it properly. It also makes it a lot easier to clean the underside of the bed too. This is a picture as I was working on it. It also allows you to get at that bearing. Quite often they are seized up like this one was.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517057[/ATTACH]

As for the Dremel, I believe that about 10,000 to 15,000 RPMs is about right. So you should be ok with what you have. Most corded single speed Dremels run at a much higher speed, about 30,000 RPMs and that is too fast. Most of the cordless ones at a much slower speed. Polishing compound flies off and makes a mess when you use a buffing wheel at that higher speed. And the wire wheel spits out the wires faster at that speed. And those small wires HURT (!!!) when they get stuck in your foot. Occupational hazard. I just keep my tweezers handy.
And you can always PM me if you have a question. I am always happy to help.
~Grant~
Attached Thumbnails img_8804.jpg