View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 06:02 PM
janjj

You gals have mentioned many of the same ones I have. How about free shows once a week, horses instead of tractors, "putting up" hay and playing in the barn in it, riding bikes, mowing lawn with a push reel mower, feeding chickens and milking cows by hand, party line telephones, country schools.
I really started something with my grandchildren when I cared for them when parents were gone for one reason or another. I told them if they were ready for bed and brushed their teeth in 5 minutes they would each get a foot rub, or back rub. To this day they all love this. The youngest who is now 13 still loves it and says "stories grandma". I tell him about when my sister and I grew up.
I learned to roller skate, loved it, and in the early 60's when we had just begun to earn money and had jobs we would skate 3-4 times a week. got really good at it. BUT for 30 years I had not been skating - our church rented the local rink and I got out my skates. Had a great time. 2 weeks later took 2 of my grandchildren skating. they loved it. And I did not fall ! Will see if I can go more often so I get good again. age 75 not so bad??? I sold my french horn to help pay for college. Sorry I did that so I rented one for 2 months. I have forgotten the fingerings so decided I would rather use my time quilting than learning the french horn over again !