Thread: In Over My Head
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
amma
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisa773
Originally Posted by vicki reno
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Have the person do a search for online quilt blogs in their area. Lots of quilters have a business through the blogs. I would not recommend a name of anyone because it will always be your name mentioned if the person is not pleased. And remember this is their situation not yours so don't feel obligated to do anything.
I agree. Do not get roped into this one. If it doesn't turn out well, or it becomes a nightmare, friendships could be lost or at the least hard feelings, hurt feelings. Try to make recommendations but do not become personally involved.
My feelings exactly. Thank you all for your input. I find it hard to tell people "no" sometimes, but I know this is beyond my realm. And since experienced seamstresses and quilters wouldn't touch this project, I feel all the more confident in my decision not to attempt it. Thanks again.
I think that you are making a very wise choice...this has the potential to have a very awful ending :wink:
It is hard to say "No" at times...but I am sure that if you explain that it is out of your comfort area they will understand :D:D:D