View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
amma
Power Poster

Admin... I see a train wreck. Whenever you buy online, we all know there is a chance of being disappointed... the fabric color isn't the same as what I see on "my" monitor, the old argument over quality of fabric, my idea of quality regarding a handmade item versus yours, etc... Do we really need to start a system that "WILL" cause more upheavals on the board?

Example: I sell 5 items on the board. I KNOW who the 5 buyers are. I only get 3 positive feedbacks. What is my recourse? I contact my buyers with a friendly reminder to post feedback and they still don't. This affects "MY" integrity as a seller, low points = less of a chance of selling my goods. Now I have hurt feelings... I resend 5 PM’s ... I still only have 3 feedbacks, and "I KNOW" that my items were of good quality, I mailed them out promptly after receiving pmt, etc... Now, what do YOU think is going to happen? How many PM’s will the seller be sending back and forth to you and the buyers insisting on getting their good feedback…emotions rolling… it being discussed with other members… Now it is spiraling out of control…
AND the 3 member’s who HAVE given good feedback, are now getting irritated/angry for being needlessly hassled…having their names bandied around…reputations bashed…all for no reason.

If the buyers want to leave a comment about a wonderful transaction, they can post pictures of their purchase(s) and make their comments there. Name names and hand out praise.

As much as this area has grown in the last few months, it is not a case of a few sales here and there... It is becoming more popular, and as the quantity of sales increase, so will the problems associated with it.

Please leave this between the buyers and the sellers.... this will turn into a train wreck, and when it does, it will affect the atmosphere of the whole board, not just that one section. There will be innocent people sucked into the fray, and it will be another upheaval that will have to be dealt with… You can’t go back and fix someone’s reputation once it has been thrashed. And some people who post in this section “will be putting their business’s reputation” on the line. And as you know from the last upheaval, once the words are spoken, you cannot undo them, the harm is already done.