View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 01:34 PM
justflyingin

I love my embroidery machine (Janome 12000 and have a Janome 350E that I want to sell because I don't use it since I have the larger one.) I don't use the embroidery machine all the time, but I LOVE embroidery! I've loved it since I was about 12 or 13 and embroidered on those blue lines printed on table linens.

However, I didn't get an embroidery machine until about 3 or 4 years ago. I wish I had discovered the world of machine embroidery earlier. Much earlier.

As to all that stuff....I don't even know what all that is. You need stabilizers and thread and temp. adhesive spray, but I use the spray for basting quilts. The rest of the necessary stuff comes with the machine.

I did buy a program so I could view designs on my computer (under $50) and my husband gave me Embird for Christmas one year. I don't digitize as I don't have a lot of desire to do it, except when I want to do something in Polish.... Designs from emblibrary.com are regularly on sale and are fantastic, and so are many other sites.

If embroidery is your things--you won't be sorry. I really don't use my Janome 12000 for sewing, though I could. If I had to choose only one machine, however, I'd keep the 12000 as it can do it all. (I also have a Janome 8900.)

Last edited by justflyingin; 04-19-2015 at 01:36 PM.