Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Machine Dilemma >

New Machine Dilemma

New Machine Dilemma

Old 04-26-2015, 07:50 PM

Congrats craftyone!! I'm sure you will love your new machine. I'm enjoying my 710.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ View Post
I love my embroidery machine, but it is not a combination machine. I paid $750 for a brand new Brother PE770 that does up to 5x7" designs. I buy most of my designs from Embroidery Library, and usually on a good sale. I do not have software on my computer to look at the designs. I keep a printout of the design and the color changes with the design number in a binder. I look at the binder to decide which design I want, then I go to the computer and get that design number. I buy thread in 1400 yd cones and I shop online where the thread is no more expensive than good sewing thread. Yes, I spend more on thread because I want all the colors. The cost has not been an issue for me. I also have a high-end sewing machine that I bought on sale for less than $1500. Between the two machines I can do anything a nearly $8000 Bernina can do, and I am quite happy. I would never limit myself to 1 machine as I would be up the proverbial creek if it were in the shop. When my embroidery machine was in the shop (once in 5 years) I was still able to sew with my other machine. Besides, catastrophic failure of an $8000 machine would kill me!
Great idea, thanks
Old 08-31-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
You can download a free viewer for .pes designs here..
http://www.sharewareconnection.com/thumbnail-viewer.htm[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3] I used it for yrs before buying the Embrilliance Thumbnailer. And here is another free viewer that I have also used on a laptop.http://www.redmugs.com/html/viewer/download/index.php"]http://www.redmugs.com/html/viewer/download/index.php Both are used within your computer - not on line. Personally, I would recommend Tajima Pulse Ambassador which not only shows you the image, reformats designs, changes colors..it also prints in true to size--thread colors, stitches, etc and even tells you on the printout how much thread is used and suggests a price to charge. (mine does-tho it is very old, at least 10 yrs).

[/URL]
Thanks for the suggestions