View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 04:15 AM
weezie

I don't know how much $$ the emb. module, etc., adds to the price of the machine you want. My dealer does an embroidery sample for prospective customers, although I don't think he lets the customers use his machines; possibly your dealer can help you decide whether you like the process and the end result well enough to spend the money.

It's important that you like learning new things. There is quite a learning curve to doing good ME, to include storing and filing designs on your computer and transferring them to your machine, etc. I have an inexpensive software that I bought when I bought my Janome 11000; also Wilcom has a free basic software that does a few things that mine won't do.

I have quite a bit of money invested in emb. thread and designs because I think ME blocks are a really nice alternative to an all piecework quilt top. There are many, many designs available that are not dense and they are lovely for quilt blocks, many sets made specifically for quilts. My life has become complicated and I don't get much sewing of any kind done, but am not sorry I bought a machine that does embroidery. I have many, many things that I have bought and never used, which upsets me, but it's foolish and a waste of time to regret those purchases.