View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:25 AM
ShirlinAZ

I love my embroidery machine, but it is not a combination machine. I paid $750 for a brand new Brother PE770 that does up to 5x7" designs. I buy most of my designs from Embroidery Library, and usually on a good sale. I do not have software on my computer to look at the designs. I keep a printout of the design and the color changes with the design number in a binder. I look at the binder to decide which design I want, then I go to the computer and get that design number. I buy thread in 1400 yd cones and I shop online where the thread is no more expensive than good sewing thread. Yes, I spend more on thread because I want all the colors. The cost has not been an issue for me. I also have a high-end sewing machine that I bought on sale for less than $1500. Between the two machines I can do anything a nearly $8000 Bernina can do, and I am quite happy. I would never limit myself to 1 machine as I would be up the proverbial creek if it were in the shop. When my embroidery machine was in the shop (once in 5 years) I was still able to sew with my other machine. Besides, catastrophic failure of an $8000 machine would kill me!