Old 01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by esteemarlu
Hi, I have been a long long time hand quilter and I can finish a full size quilt in two months and that includes the cutting and piecing if I stick with it and don't start anything else. I actually have to make it my job. I don't recommend you putting away a quilt you're not done with or else you will get distracted with beautiful fabric and will probably start on something new. You have to really stay focused until you're done with it. If I do put a UFO away it can take me a couple of years. You know the saying, "Out of sight out of mind."
I'm curious, how many hours a day does this include in your two months?

I have to put things away at times. Usually because something else comes up and I need to set aside what I'm working on to do another project. (Darn those weddings and mother's-to-be! :wink: ) But I also have different projects going that are for different areas I quilt in. I have a quilt I work on when I'm at a friends house or at a quilting bee, an applique or hand quilting project I work on when upstairs watching tv with hubby, a quilt that I'm working on downstairs in my quilt room...you get the idea. Doing a single quilt just would not work for me at all.