Old 04-23-2015, 02:50 PM
laceyj

I have posted pics of both my girls in other threads, but figured I'd put them in the same post here. First in line is my very own Iron Lady, "Minnie". She's a Minnesota Model D (model number D1699105) vibrating shuttle machine. I found her sitting all alone in our local Peddler's Mall. Got a good deal on her (at least I think I did; I paid $75 for her). Got her cleaned up and she sews like a champ. Now I just have to get used to using a treadle machine. You would think that since I spin on a single treadle spinning wheel that I could get the hang of it pretty quickly. Guess it requires more practice!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517873[/ATTACH]

The second is my Kenmore "Lucy". She's named after the lady that bought her originally. Sadly, I never knew this lady. A friend of ours bought her at an estate auction and used her as an end table in his sunroom. I was looking for a sewing machine and he gave her to me. Her model number is 158.13570 and her serial number is 0014277. She has a table that I am seriously considering refinishing, but haven't decided yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517874[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc00028.jpg   dscn1316%5B1%5D.jpg