View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:48 PM
liking quilting

Default Photos of 87 and Still Quilting!

Got back to the nursing home where Dad & a cousin reside. Here's a few photos of her with the quilt she's now binding (she echo quilted her design by hand), a photo with her vintage Bernina in the background, and a close up of one of the hand embroidered blocks done many years ago by her aunt. The embroidered blocks are over 100 years old, and she fully intends to get them made into a quilt.

She's so inspiring for me. Never would have gotten to know her this well, had it not been for the fact that both her & my Dad recently located to this nursing home. This cousin and I are almost 30 years apart in age, so I really did not know her as I was growing up. As I visit with her, I find we have many of the same interests. Love of gardening, growing flowers, and quilting. She used to do hardanger and crocheting too. Today, I found her in the activity dept. making a foam decoration for her door.

I told her last time that I want to be her when I'm 87, still quilting (and having the only sewing machine in the nursing home!)
Attached Thumbnails 102_2739-640x478-.jpg   102_2741-640x458-.jpg   102_2743-640x479-.jpg