View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 07:43 PM
SandyinZ4

Welcome SilviaDiana - We are so glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing pics of your completed ufo's. I dumped a whole big apple box size of fabric out today and sorted. One pile was for the stuffing pile, one was to give away and one pile was to iron and cut up into useable pieces. Then the balance will go to either one of the two aforementioned piles. Then I took the stuffing pile, which consisted of scraps and pieces too tiny to use for anything and I took a piece of fabric that someone had given me that used to be a coach throw and made a small pillow and stuffed it lightly with the trash clippings. I will donate it to an animal shelter, either here or in next town after I get a few more made. They can use them and then toss if they don't want to wash but at least they will have a bit longer life cycle and then it will be someone else's decision whether to recycle or trash. But mainly it is getting used up and will be out of my sewing room and storage closet. My vow at first of year was to begin using up what I have before I bought more so still trying to keep to my intentions. I had planned to put a fleece backing (someone gave me the piece of fleece) on the back of my Lozenges top. Started to pin it all together ( I didn't use batting since the fleece was thick enough) and discovered that I was 2 inches too short on side so that ufo will have to wait until I sort through more stash. I am really starting to like my backings to be warm and cuddly so would like to use fleece, flannel, corduroy or something soft. Naturally, I mostly have cottons in my stash so may have to break down and buy something one of these days or give up and use a cotton backing. Loving all the latest finishes.