View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 06:29 AM
Macybaby

Getting ready for a DD wedding would have me stressed out to the max!. My DD is 30 and DS is 33, and I've given up on thoughts of weddings or grandkids.

last night I was staying up for something I wanted to end on eBay, so I started on Kansas - which is a simpler block. I've got all the pieces cut and bagged, and most of the papers copied out and ready to go. Makes it real simple to work on one when I don't have a lot of time. Sometimes I just look at the bags of pieces and grab one that catches my eye.

I've been putting my garden back together - let to lay fallow last year, just too much going on, lost my Mom at the end of April, and MIL at the end of September. I have buried waterlines, so pulled everything out and manured and tilled it all, and now I have to put the lines back. The potatoes are in - but it's a bit early here for much else.

I'm finding these blocks to be a nice thing to do to relieve stress - since the "decision" part of colors is done. After getting this far, I don't really need to think much about "how" anymore, just line up, cut, line up, sew, iron - repeat.

I want to do one "block" of 3" blocks - so that will be 16 of them. I'm going to use the same basic block and change colors, widths and direction. For example on "direction" - with the Kansas block, for the 8 star points, four have the inner piece (piece #1) pointing out, and four have it pointing in. So it will be a "study" in different looks using the same basic design. And that one is simple enough with that size.