Thread: May Weight Loss
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Leann

Happy Saturday everyone!

Pat, it sounds like you are making wonderful progress. I am watching you closely since my surgeries are a month away. Your success does a lot to erode the apprehensions I have.

Oh and btw Pat, I tried to mail my skinnies to you but for some reason, our post office is closed today. They will go out on Monday for sure. (THAT isn't a holiday, is it?)

Cindy, I hate those days when I am starving or when nothing I eat satisfies me. I think you will return next week with a new determination after taking a few days off.

Anna, in the past, I have drank a cup of hot chocolate to chase away those hungries, but coffee and broth are great suggestions. I love cherry tomatoes - another tool in our arsenal. I have also done apple cider vinegar, but mostly for the health benefits. Must not have been very effective in suppressing my appetite or I would have stayed with it. How sweet of your daughters to honor you and help you at the same time. A couple of years ago, my son bought me a 5# bag of peanut M&M's for Mothers day - I asked him to never do that again. By the time I was done with that bag (took me a couple of months), I didn't wanna look at another piece!

Sandra, definitely hang around with us this month! We wanna get to know you better.

Pat, is it warming up in your part of the world? Hopefully no bad storms.

We drove home from Denver on Thursday - 15 hour drive. For some reason, riding in a car cripples me. I gingerly get out of the car, then stand for several minutes as I wait for my knees to join the rest of my body. My confusion-why doesn't this happen when I've been in bed all night? Having my knees in a semi-bent or bent position for more than an hour has to be the culprit. We got caught in some of the nasty storms rolling across Texas. I took my son back to Austin yesterday and my husband said he has never seen a storm like the one that hit - 2.5" of rain fell in 45 minutes. And I missed that! I luv luv luv the rain.

A very happy Mother's Day to you all. May you be surrounded by those you love!