Thread: LQS Classes
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 04:06 AM
Kris P

I am a self taught quilter. I've watched a video or two, but learn so much from all you ladies here on QB. 3 or 4 years ago, I got hooked on English Paper Piecing from watching a short video on Jessica A's blog, Life Under Quilts. After finishing the hand piecing, for the top, I waited 6 months for her book, Quilting on the Go to be published so I could learn how to add borders. Once I had it quilted, I brought it to show at our LQS, and they asked me to teach a monthly class because they had has several inquiries on classes for EPP. I've been teaching since January, and have enjoyed teaching from 5- 11 ladies each month. Starting in June, I'll be teaching 2 classes each month. I find a lot of people really like the hands on teaching, and enjoy the social aspect of a class. Others really enjoy sewing, but struggle with reading the pattern and understanding what it is asking you to do. Teaching has become such a fulfilling experience for me. I thoroughly enjoy it. Perhaps the owner of the LQS could ask customers what they classes they would like and tailor the offerings to what her customers want.