Old 05-12-2015, 09:08 AM
elnan

That does not leave much beside water. Try your public library, checking out just about any cookbook that has Paleo in the title or description, and there are a lot. The ones by Mark Sisson come to mind first. He is very much against the starches and beans, and as a child of the MidSouth, I was raised on beans, greens, cornbread, and catfish. In my view, these paleo recipes are not one size fits all, adapt to fit what is best for you. I've gone back over and over to his recipe for beef roast (substituting pork) and onions using coconut oil in a cast iron pot in the oven, cook on low for 3 hours, alternating covered and uncovered, a lot of rosemary in the spices. I think some of the cookbooks are pumped out just to fill a market niche, Paleo and Gluten-free being buzz words right now, but some are wonderful resources. Against All Grain is also a good book, think it is by Denise Walker. I see people going into Dairy Queen and McD asking for hamburgers wrapped in lettuce, leave off the bread.