Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
This goes in recipes thread but I don't know how to post it there! >

This goes in recipes thread but I don't know how to post it there!

This goes in recipes thread but I don't know how to post it there!

Old 05-14-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Helen6869 View Post
Thank you for the input. We think I have IBS which eliminates so many foods that it is difficult! I have requested several cookbooks from the library mostly for this problem. Just at a loss sometimes as to what to fix since hubby is ok with most anything but will only eat certain things. I am basically on noodles, bananas, rice and white bread. I don't think gluten is my problem since that's what I've been eating since I came off dairy. I really don't think dairy is my problem either. I think it is mainly going to be raw veggies (which I love), and high fiber stuff.....including nuts, seedy-things, skins on stuff, and many, many green things. Like you said, "mostly water!" haha! Thanks again. have a good day!
Have you discussed this with a dietician? Ask your doctor for a recommendation for seeing one at your local hospital. I received a lot of helpful hints from the hospital dietician before I was discharged from the hospital. My SIL made an appt. with a dietician when he was faced with a difficult food restrictions.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

my dietician is covered by medical insurance. Most is covered as a preventive type of medicine, i'm sure they can help. I have a list of foods I can eat, and it's narrow too, but I cheat and pay for it later. I eat a lot of nuts for my proteins. good luck
Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 AM

My husband has thyroid cancer which prompted a low iodine, dairy free + diet - there are downloadable recipes at thyca.org - very helpful; it seems there may be some recipes that may assist you in your search.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:11 PM

Homemade soup is good anytime. Just make it with any veggies you can eat,with meat or without. It's even better the next day. I like to put the ingreds in slo cooker after supper,then turn on low & let it go all night.Can be frozen,also keeps good in the fridge.
Can you have meat loaf,maybe use very lean ground turkey.Also easy to slice & wrap for feezer. Fruit salad keeps well,using fruit you can have.Good luck......Google for low fat recipes.

Last edited by plainpat; 05-15-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Can't spell��
Old 05-20-2015, 04:14 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shrink42020 View Post
My husband has thyroid cancer which prompted a low iodine, dairy free + diet - there are downloadable recipes at thyca.org - very helpful; it seems there may be some recipes that may assist you in your search.
Thank you shrink42020 for taking time to post this. i will definitely check it out. I am so sorry you and your husband are having to deal with this disease. I sincerely hope he will get well soon!